Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My 2011 Chase Picks

So Moody made his picks and I promised on the show ( Sirius Speedway on Sirius XM NASCAR channel 90) that I would post mine before the Chicago event - so Here it goes friends and fans - Lets see who gets the most correct after Homestead!

1. Kevin Harvick 2011 Champ - I think he came so close last year, he tasted the feeling. He shut down the KHI race teams to focus on the one thing he wants the most - Sprint Cup Champion. Gil Martin his crew chief is Brilliant at communication and keeping his cool. The team also has fun and enjoys spending time together - Tight Knit Groups at RCR seem to win LOTS!
2. Jimmie Johnson - I felt a little silly betting against 5-time, but they just have not been as strong this season. Then again, folks betting against Chad Knaus could tick him off that he will prove us all wrong...for the 6th time.
3. Jeff Gordon - The 24 Car is strong and I feel I could be making a bad decision to put the 4 time champion in 3rd this season. Gordon has his confidence back and he has NOT forgotten the art of "wheeling it"!
4.Brad Keselowski - I'm thinking Brad will make an aggressive run at the Sprint Cup continuing to surprise us all with his consistency - but he could try a bit too hard in a couple races and end up with a bad finish. But he will try every lap in these last ten races I promise.
5. Kyle Busch - I considered to put Rowdy in the Champion spot - I am doubting my decision as I type this. He has proven more maturity this season, but also shown his emotional un-winding in brief instances. Dangit...I'm thinking I have him too low here....
6. Matt Kenseth - Silent... Look Out - Could be the dark horse that no one realizes is holding the trophy at Homestead because we are watching Kurt and Jimmie knock one another around with bumpers.  
7. Kurt Busch - Another one I think I am placing too LOW. Penske is strong but if he has a bad handling car in one race - he goes backwards fast.
8. Carl Edwards - Skinner picked him as Champ - and I think they have lost their mojo this late in the season. Earlier I would have said Edwards all the way. Plus that's my maiden name so always root for an Edwards!  
9.Ryan Newman - Ryan is one of my favorite drivers so I hope he or Krissie don't see this!!! I just think the organization is not as consistent this year, but if Rocket Man could win on being the best all around man, driver, person - then he would get my vote hands down.
10. Tony Stewart - Has too much going on , this season will piss him off so look out next year.
11. Denny Hamlin- Too up and down this season. Good driver, good team - just not consistent emotionally or technically.
12. Dale Jr. - I love Jr. so don't yell at me Jr Nation - but he does not seem to like the feel of these cars. But....I think a win could take off pressure. I would hate his pressure.

Below are Skinners Picks!
1. Carl Edwards
2. Jeff Gordon
3. Jimmie Johnson
4. Kevin Harvick
5. Brad Keselowski
6. Kyle Busch
7. Kurt Busch
8. Ryan Newman
9. Matt Kenseth
10. Dale Jr
11. Denny Hamlin
12. Tony Stewart
  

1 comment:

  1. Watch out for Carl. They said 2 months ago they werent trying to win but get ready for the chase. People think he lost something, but he may have been finding more than others know. I still pick Jeff Gordon but Carl could surprise the world

    ReplyDelete